Oh... You do hairdressing?

Monday, October 12, 2015

Something I have to talk about because it gets me SO angry. The look people give me when I say I study hair! Hairdressing has a 'reputation' for being a 'dumb' girls trait but it is not as easy as it looks. A lot of maths and science goes into hairdressing for example, when you cut someone's hair you need to have the precise angle otherwise the whole cut will be off balance- angles are a major part of cutting hair. When training to be a hairdresser you have to learn anatomy and physiology (A&P) this is the bones and muscles of the body; you also need to know the science of the actual hair and what reactions could occur to the hair. Hair dressing is a very creative trait to do and is mainly practical but everything you do as a hairdresser links back to science. As a stylist I have to make appropriate decisions best to benefit my clients hair. I do love doing hair as it is such a huge thing in people's lives, if you have nice hair you feel good about your self and gives you such positivity. It is an amazing sense of achievement when someone walks out the salon and you know you have made their day that much better and you can see the confident glow of the client. I just wanted to break down the 'scenes' behind hairdressing as I do get judged when people ask me what I'm studying at college. Sorry for the rant but I do feel passionate about what I do!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments