Gold, Glitz and Glow!

Monday, February 05, 2018

Trends come and go but the trends for 2018 are putting me in my ELEMENT! This year is said to be all about glitter, rhinestones, gold and about that glowww! These are some of the best components of makeup in my opinion and I have been following these trends for ages.

We all know that Rhianna came out with her makeup line 'Fenty Beauty' in September 2017 and she has created an amazing line that has had incredible reviews across the internet. The product that stands out to me the most is the gold/yellow highlighter- Trophy Wife. This highlighter is so unique and the results look amazing on. I do feel like this highlight is better for a darker skin tone in order to get the maximum shimmer and potential. Also with a darker skin tone you can go OVERBOARD with the highlight and really make it pop, but I personally would only use a little bit on a fairer skin tone. The killawatt highlighter is very versatile and can be used on the eyes, lips face and body. Rhianna herself has said how she loves using it on her collar bones to really  make them stand out. Well done to Ri-Ri as she has really captured and set this gold trend for 2018.





Now to talk about my favourite part... GLITTER.
I personally love using glitter especially for a night out, it really makes the eyes pop and makes you feel ready to party! I always use loose glitter with eyelash adhesive in order to get precision and maximum pigment. Glitter can be used in so many ways, my preferred way is used as a glitter liner. I do this look with all different colours of glitter and sometime I even add glitter on my crease line to create a cut crease look. Glitter is definitely the way forward and will forever be a trend in my eyes.




Finally... the star of the show... the glow.
I can not think of one person I know that does NOT use highlighter. To be over highlighted has been a growing trend over the last year or so. So many brands have brought out new and genius products in order for us to get the maximum glow. An extremely popular one at the moment is the 'Iconic London Illuminating drops'. These drops can be used before makeup application so that a subtle glow is showing through the makeup or can be placed on top of the makeup to really get that exaggerated, extreme glazed donut look. Or if you're like me I apply it before and after my makeup and then apply a powder highlight on top!

You Might Also Like

0 comments